I have a account on sbi bank. And I got a debit card to my postal address. Now how to activate sbi debit card?
I want to do online transactions, for that I need to have sbi debit card activated. How can I activate sbi debit card? Can I use that for international transactions too??
SBI debit card activation for supporting online transactions can be done in 3 ways. Most of the card types come with an online transaction deactivated by default, and you must explicitly enable it before using your card on e-commerce sites or anywhere else online. Let us see how to activate an SBI debit card.
To activate SbI debit cards by[SMS]:
First, you should send the SMS from a registered mobile number. It means your mobile number should be linked with your account number to activate your card by sending an SMS. Now follow the below steps to send SMS:
Send the message above to 092239 66666. This SMS will be charged at standard SMS rates. To send this SMS, make sure you have enough main balance or SMS pack.
In this way, you can enable and also disable the SBI debit card for online transactions.
To activate the SBI debit card using YONO app the below steps are followed:
You will get to see a new page on your screen to select the manage cards option.
You can very quickly select the option to turn on e-commerce transactions. With the help of this option, you can turn on ATM, POS, international usage, etc., payment mode services. This is about how to activate an SBI debit card for online transactions by the YONO app.
To activate the SBI debit card using SBI net banking or SBI mobile banking site follow the below steps:
1. Open Internet banking on your mobile phone or computer browser. Go to the https://www.onlinesbi.com/.
2. Next, you have to enter your SBI username and SBI password also, enter the correct captcha in the box and click on the login button. (In case you forget your password go check What Is My SBI Credit Card Statement Password?)
3. On your registered mobile number, you will receive an OTP. Into this one-time password in the given box on your screen and click Login.
4. You have to go to the dashboard and click on the e-services option.
5. Then, on your screen, you will see the ATM card services option, Select it.
6. Select the ATM card limit/channel/usage change option.
7. On the next page, you have to select your SBI account number and your card number. Here you may have all your existing SBI card numbers; select the card to activate the SBI debit card for online transactions.
8. You will get to see a drop-down menu from here; select the change channel type option and then enable the SBI debit card online transaction activation for POS and CPN channels.
In this way, we can activate SBI debit cards for online transactions. Hope this information is useful.
you may also read:
How do I pay My debit card EMI on Amazon?